Wednesday 7 May 2008

FLOPPY BABY SUN HAT


Well here we have another make of mine. I was fed up searching for a pattern for this sort of hat that was what I wanted, I decided to design my own. Thought I would share my 2nd pattern with you all.

Hat

Hook size and yarn can be adjusted to suit - I used 3ply Peter Pan and a G hook.

Chain 4, join with sl st.

Chain 3(1st dc), 11dc in ring, join with sl st.

Ch3, dc in same stitch, 2dc in each dc to end, join with sl st.

Ch3, dc in same stitch, *dc, 2dc*, repeat from * to * to end, join with sl st.

Ch3, dc in same stitch, *dc, dc, 2dc*, repeat from *to * to end, join with sl st.

Ch 3, dc in same stitch, *dc, dc, dc, 2dc*, repeat from * to * to end, joinh with slst.

Ch 2, "hdc" around, join with sl st.

Ch 1, sc in sp, *ch2, sk hdc, sc in next hdc*, repeat from * to * to end, join with sl st.

Repeat row 7.

Ch1, sc in ch2 sp, *ch2, skip sc, sc in ch sp*, repeat to end, join with sl st.

Repeat row 9.

*ch2, sc in ch2 sp*, repeat to end, join with sl st.

*hdc in sc, hdc in ch2 sp*, repeat to end, join with sl st.

Ch1, sc in each hdc, join with sl st.

*ch3, sc in next ch sp, ch3, sk 1 ch, sc in next ch3 sp*, repeat to end - when end is reached continue in pattern until desired band width is achieved then join with sl st.

Ch1, sc in sp, *6dc in next sp, sc in next sp*, repeat to end, join with sl st.

Finish and weave in ends.

Flower

Ch5, join with sl st to 1st ch to make ring.

Ch3, dc 15 times into cirle, join with sl st (16 dc).

In bl only, *ch6, sk1 dc, sl st in next dc*, repeat 4 times, join with sl st.

In fl only, *sc in dc, 6 dc in next sl st* repeat 4 times, join with sl st.

Use loose ends to attach as desired to brim.

I hope everyone likes this one as well.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

You did a great job with this hat, keep up the good work! I want to make it but it could be a while. I'm tied up with my zebra barf purse (otherwise known as the WTF Bag. lol)

I bookmarked this pattern, I'll send you a link to the page when I get to finish it, okay? BTW I love your tat! I have one of a lotus flower on top of my foot (OUCH!) My daughter has the same, matching. I love it but OMG! It hurt getting one there!

Let me know when you "show more", lol